West Wimbledon Physiotherapy Clinic
Playing sport and doing regular physical exercise is good for your quality of life, but could sometimes end in injuries.
Recreations injuries are brought on by:
- perhaps not warming up precisely before exercising
- utilizing unsuitable equipment or poor method
- pressing your self too much
Just about any an element of the human anatomy could be hurt, like the muscles, bones, bones and connective areas (tendons and ligaments). The ankles and legs are among the most frequently impacted areas.
If you’ve injured your self, you will likely observe discomfort, pain, swelling, bruising, and restricted activity or tightness in affected region instantly. Sometimes, you may possibly just observe these symptoms several hours after exercising or playing sports.
Stop exercising if you think discomfort, no matter whether your damage happened abruptly or perhaps you’ve had the pain sensation for a time. Continuing to exercise while you are injured might cause further damage and slow your data recovery time.
If the injury is small, you are able to care for yourself home by:
- resting the affected human anatomy part for the very first 48-72 hours to stop additional harm
- frequently using an ice pack into affected region during very first 48-72 hours to cut back swelling
- making use of over-the-counter painkillers, like paracetamol or ibuprofen, to ease discomfort