Wimbledon official site
Information regarding the WTA temperature Rule utilized within Championships.
- the warmth Rule had been introduced in 1992 and it is being used whatsoever WTA activities throughout the year.
- The Championships, in the suggestion of the WTA, additionally adopts the rule.
- It has been implemented in the Championships twice before – on 23 July 2006 and 30 Summer 2009.
- The Heat Rule permits a 10 small break to be taken between your 2nd and third set if the heat tension index is at or above 30.1 degrees Celsius.
- heat tension index is a measure which points together the air temperature, the humidity and the surface temperature and is calculated by a heat tension monitor.
- The heat anxiety monitor readings tend to be taken half an hour ahead of the start of play then at 14.00hrs and 17.00hrs.
- one for the people taking part in the match must request the break when it comes to rule to be implemented.
- It only pertains to women’ and girls’ singles suits that have maybe not yet already been known as to judge.
- when there is a change in weather conditions and also the guideline is raised, those matches already happening should be finished with the guideline set up.